11th March 2018
STEWARD: Judi Haskett
PH: 0427 606 987
ENTRY FEE: $1 per piece (except students - free entry)
The official entry form or legible photocopy is to be addressed to:
Bellarine Agricultural Society Inc.
PO Box 315
Entries Close: 27/2/2017
CHECKLIST WHEN SENDING IN YOUR ENTRY:
Please check that the following have been included with your entry form:
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your duplicate entry form and /or exhibit tickets.
- A cheque or money order for the competition entry fee.
- Admission tickets if you wish to pre-order (Adults $10, Conc. $5, Family 2 Adults and 3 Children $25) will also be included.
DROP OFF PLACES FOR ENTRY FORMS WITH CASH
(ARTWORK NOT ACCEPTED HERE)
- Portarlington Post Office
- Springdale Community Centre Drysdale
Please ensure entries are sealed if cash is enclosed.
Accepted entries are subject to the rules and regulations, as well as additional conditions for the Art Section.
Additional Rules of Entry
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: Use official entry form
- Limit of two (2) articles per exhibitor in any one class. All artwork exhibited must be new work (not previously appeared in the show).
- CLOSING DATE: Entries close on MONDAY 27th FEBRUARY 2017
- RECEIPT OF EXHIBITS: Exhibits will be received from 10am to 12midday on Saturday March 11th 2017 at the Tennis Club Rooms, Portarlington Recreation Reserve, Boat Road, Portarlington. Or by prior arrangement with the steward. Late exhibits may miss being judged.
- COLLECTION OF EXHIBITS: Pick up exhibits at the Tennis Club Rooms between 4pm and 4.30pm on March 12th. The photocopy of your entry form we will send you must be produced. If unable to attend, another person may collect your work by showing the photocopy entry form.
- PRIZES: All prizes are to be collected from the Tennis Club Rooms, Sunday March 12th 2017 or from the Secretary’s Office (Portarlington Recreation Reserve) or the prize will be forfeited. People’s Choice Votes will be announced and awarded (if the artist is present) soon afterwards. If not present, this award may also be collected from the Secretary’s Office before 4pm on show day.
- SIZES: Maximum canvas size is one metre square. For a pair, the maximum size is 20cmx25cm each canvas.
- PRESENTATION: Exhibits must be suitably prepared for hanging and be provided with wire already attached. All paintings must be dry. Name of artist and title of exhibit must be clearly written on the back of each painting.
- CARE: Care will be taken but NO liability will be accepted for loss or damage to exhibits (see statement on page 3 of schedule). Exhibitors are advised to insure their works.
- THE COMMITTEE: reserves the right to reproduce any works in the media i.e. the press and television.
- THE JUDGE: will be selected by the committee. The judge’s decision will be final.
- Entries must not have been previously exhibited in the Bellarine Agricultural Society Art Section. The committee reserves the right to reject any work considered to be unsuitable or offensive.
- If you wish to sell your artworks please price accordingly. 20% commission to the Bellarine Agricultural Society.
- All prize winners will receive a certificate place card.
R1 Best Oil/Acrylic
R2 Best Watercolour
R3 Best Other Medium
R4 School Student - In Any Medium
*Must include age*
R5 Ceramic Art and Sculpture
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
Visitors to the Bellarine Agricultural Show Art Exhibition will have an opportunity to vote for their favourite Art. Votes will be counted after 2pm and the prize awarded to the winner at 4pm on Show Day.