8th March 2020
ENTRY FEE: $1 per piece (except students - free entry)
Entries Close: 27/2/2020
The official entry form or legible photocopy is to be addressed to:
Bellarine Agricultural Society Inc.
PO Box 315
CHECKLIST WHEN SENDING IN YOUR ENTRY:
Please check that the following have been included with your entry form:
- Your entry with the label attached to the back mounting in the top right-hand corner.
- Your entry form.
- A cheque or money order for the competition entry fee. ($1 Per item entered)
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
Visitors to the Bellarine Agricultural Show Art Exhibition will have an opportunity to vote for their favourite artwork. Votes will be counted after 2pm and the prize awarded to the winner at 4pm on Show Day.
Additional Rules of Entry
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: Use official entry form.
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES: A limit of two (2) articles per exhibitor in any one class. All artwork must be new work (not previously appeared at the show)
- CLOSING DATES: Entries close on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 27th 2020.
- RECEIPT OF EXHIBITS: Exhibits will be received from 2pm - 4pm on Saturday March 7th 2020 at the Tennis Club Rooms, Portarlington Recreation Reserve, Boat Road, Portarlington. Or by prior arrangement with the steward. Late exhibits may miss being judged.
- COLLECTION OF EXHIBITS: Pick up exhibit at the Tennis Club Rooms between 4pm and 4.30pm on the 8th of March. The duplicate entry form we wil send you must be produced. If unable to attend, another person may collect your work by showing the duplicate entry form.
- PRIZES: All prizes are to be collected form the Tennis Club Rooms Sunday March 8th, 2020 or the prize will be forfeited. People's Choice Votes will be announced and awarded (if the artist is present) soon afterwards.
- SIZES: Maximum canvas size is one metre square.
- PRESENTATION: Exhibit must be suitably prepared for hanging and be provded with wire already attched. All paintings must be dry. name of artist and title of exhibit must be clearly written on the back of each painting.
- CARE: Care will be taken but NO liability will be accepted for loss or damage to exhibits as per the rules and regulations. Exhibitors are advised to insure their works.
- THE COMMITTEE: reserves the right to reproduce any works in the media. i.e. the press and television.
- THE JUDGE: will be selected by the committee. The judge's decision will be final.
- Entries must not have been previously exhibited in the Bellarine Agricultural Society Art Section. The committee reserves the right to reject any work considered to be unsuitable or offensive.
- All prize winners will receive a certificate place card.
R1 Best Oil/Acrylic
R2 Best Watercolour
R3 Best Other Medium
R4 School Student - In any Medium
R5 Ceramic Art & Scultpure