10th March 2024
2024 ENTRIES OPENING SOON!
PRIZES: First, Second and Third in each class receive a sash.
Proudly sponsored by:
HOW TO ENTER:
- Rock up on show day with your dog.
- Pay to enter the show at the gates.
- Jumping begins: 2.30pm SHARP.
P1 Small dog
P2 Medium dog
Over 50cm and less than 60cm
P3 Large dog
Accepted entries are subject to the rules and regulations, as well as additional conditions for the Dog Competition.
The VAS dog competition is open to all dogs of all shapes and sizes.
VAS Additional Rules of Entry
- This competition is a test of the dog's jumping ability.
- The competition is open to all dogs.
- The dog is permitted to jump on to or over the jump.
- A dog that has won at a local show/field day level will qualify for the State Final Judging.
- A dog can represent only one local show/field day.
- All dogs not competing must be on a lead with a handler in the marshalling area behind the competition area.
- Competition area should be 15 metres long by 8 metres wide.
- Only one dog may be loose in the competition area at any one time.
- There must be a handler at the top of the jump to act as a catcher if necessary, and a handler as a catcher at the bottom.
- The dog's owner must supply one extra handler.
- A ladder will be provided for the handler.
- Each dog is allowed three attempts at each height.
- In the event of two dogs jumping the same height, the winner shall be determined as the dog that took the least number of attempts for the winning height.
- A dog may compete on a loose lead
- If the dog is not on a loose lead the dog must be released at a minimum of three metres from the jump.
- Any mishandling or misuse of a dog will incur immediate disqualification.
- If, in the opinion of the stewards, a dog is unsafe to other competitors or the general public, it will be withdrawn from the competition.
- The jumps should be constructed according to the following specifications:
- The top must be a minimum of 600mm wide and covered with carpet or some such material.
- If, since competing at a local show/field day, a winning dog has grown in height that dog must compete in the appropriate height class at the State Final.